Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dance to make the difference...

Now, after helping out with multiple charitable events through churches and volunteer groups to fundraise money within the bay area through dance, the Flow Fanatics Crew will be taking on a more personal and bigger responsibility. Andre Kim Pham (The Grinch) of Flow Fanatics, will be throwing an event in which all proceeds will be donated to St. Jude's Hospital.

"After seeing my mom suffer from breast cancer a few years back, I felt that should do something about it. I didn't know what it was exactly, but something had to be done. Following this incident, my close friend's mother had passed from a different type of cancer and everything just fell on me. It was the final straw that absolutely just did it for me and I knew I had to take a stand..."

"...I want everyone to have a chance at a fulfilling life. Whose to say you cannot live the reality of 'dreaming big,' 'living it up,' or better yet, do the simplest things we take for granted each day such as walking, playing, or even dancing. We have all been affected by cancer one way or another and to those of you who are already standing up against it, I applaud and thank you..."

"...Make the difference in a child so that he or she may have the opportunity of freedom to live a fulfilling life that you and I both have... I am a bboy, a popper, a dancer. There are many of you out there who follow this way of living because you love it just as much as I do. Now what if we can make the difference to a child by doing what we love while supporting one another? We most certainly can! I ask that we all stand up against cancer, to support our dreams and others... -I ask that we Rise to Dance."    -Andre Kim Pham

Flow Fanatics Crew
Andre Kim Pham & St. Jude's Hospital 
Presents:
Rise to Dance
May 14, 2011
2pm-8pm

Seven Trees Community Center
3590 Cas Drive
San Jose, CA 95111

5vs5 bboy battles ($500 prize)
1vs1 all-styles ($100 prize)


Fliers will be posted up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment